During the summer season, just how sick are you of sweating through your clothes in 100 degree weather? It probably gets old and gross real fast, right?
And if you’re like any other girl, you’re hair probably frizzes majorly from the humidity and your face and body becomes a pimple farm. Um ew!
Here’s how to stay cool and fresh in the summer:
- Brush your teeth. This shouldn’t even be a question. You should be brushing your teeth at least twice a day. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. But did you know a fresh and clean mouth can make your tongue feel cooler? If you’re feeling the heat try a minty toothpaste and/or gum.
- Shower every day. And when showering, use exfoliating shower gel to get a deep clean. Also, start with the water being hot (to start) because warmer water cleans you more effectively and then towards the end of your shower, switch to lukewarm/cool. Why you ask? Well, this lowers your body temperature to make you feel cooler and also wakes you the hell up in the morning! That’s why! 🙂
- Moisturize right after showering. If you can, try to use baby oil instead of the normal lotions. And do this while you’re still damp. Rub small amounts all over your body. But if you prefer scented lotions, opt for something light and citrusy as heavy scents like vanilla or coconut can make you feel warm.
- Wash your face regularly. Sweat and oil can really clog up your pores therefore, making your face feel dirty, heavy and icky. To avoid such feelings, try a good exfoliating cream and then a light moisturizer.
- Keep your hair away from your neck and face. Ponytails are ideal for summer, as well as buns. To keep a clean feeling, be sure to wash your hair at least once a week.
- Wear light fabrics and colors. Note: the lighter the color the less heat it attracts. And as for the weight of the fabric, it’s important to consider fabrics like silk instead of denim, to keep you cooler.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, especially when outside. This is super important when doing outdoor sports/activities. Be sure to bring plenty of cold water or Gatorade. It’s also helpful to try to stay in the shade as much as possible and opt to bring a small fan or a spray bottle to help avoid heat.
- When eating, choose fresh fruit snacks. Such examples would be: watermelon, grapefruit, oranges and strawberries instead of normal snack food, like a bag of chips. The reason why is because, the water and vitamins found in fruit will treat you much better than the sodium found in chips and etc.
- Open and keep your windows at night and closed during the day. Keeping your windows open at night will let in cool air and breezes, while keeping your windows closed and blinds drawn during the day, will keep out the heat.
Romana Hai started blogging full-time in 2013 . Fashion Ambitions is more than a blog and more-or-less acts as a portfolio containing brands/collaborations and achievements. Although Romana was born and raised in New York, she currently resides in the Financial District of Boston, MA. Romana attended Penn State University and graduated in 2010 with two degrees: Economics from the Smeal College of Business and Telecommunications from the College of Communications. You can reach Romana at firstname.lastname@example.org.