- Pricey workout gear is expensive for a reason. Unfortunately at times it could be just because of the ‘brand name.’ In other cases, the reason for the insane price tag is because the gear is made from special materials that can fight against odor and dry fast which can prevent you from being totally drenched during your workout. If you’re still in sticker shock, keep in mind that the more expensive items are more out perform cheaper apparel.
- Wash your workout gear after every use. No seriously. Don’t wear the same outfit moe than once as this can cause bacteria and yeast to build up, this is especially true if your gear is tight-fitting. Ick!
- Let your air dry before putting it in the hamper. Putting sweaty workout gear into your laundry basket without letting them dry, is gross! Why? Because you’re creating an environment to for bacteria to grow! Also, the smell is just gnarly, which can be hard to get rid of, even after washing your clothes several times.
- Avoid fabric softener. While yes, fabric softener can make your clothes smell good, it’s not ideal for workout clothing. Why? Many of the sweat wicking and compression materials do not interact well with the softener and can shorten the life of your gear.
- Avoid high heat. Hot water and heat can break down and shrink the fabric of your clothes. When washing your workout gear, put them in cold water. And when it comes to drying them, air dry them. And if that isn’t an option, dry them on low heat.
- Cotton workout clothes are not ideal. Why? Because they don’t dry fast and can’t absorb swear. Picture yourself going through a gruesome workout, can you go 45+ minutes totally drenched? Probably not.
- Work out in technical or performance fabrics. Opt for hear made with polyesters and or/Lycra blends as they are designed to draw sweat away from the body.
- Avoid rough fabrics. Fabrics that a rough can end up irritating the skin during a workout or repetitive movement.
- Wear workout clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident! This is extremely important. If feel more comfortable in loose clothing, go on girl, rock it! If you feel like you have more flexibility and range of motion in more form-fitting pieces, then opt for that.
Romana Hai started blogging full-time in 2013 . Fashion Ambitions is more than a blog and more-or-less acts as a portfolio containing brands/collaborations and achievements. Although Romana was born and raised in New York, she currently resides in the Financial District of Boston, MA. Romana attended Penn State University and graduated in 2010 with two degrees: Economics from the Smeal College of Business and Telecommunications from the College of Communications. You can reach Romana at firstname.lastname@example.org.