You know you’re wearing the perfect shade of foundation when it goes completely unnoticed.
But the slightest bit off?
When it comes to finding the perfect foundation there are so many variables to get just right:
- the formula
- the coverage
- the shade
So how do you know when you’ve finally found the best foundation?
It’s when the product goes on ever so effortlessly and evens out your skin while also looking natural and staying on all day.
Reviews.com did a search for the best foundation and rounded up 364 best-selling formulas, interviewed makeup artists, tried out shade-matching tools, and personally tested the finalists.
Here are their findings:
Best Sheer to Medium Coverage
MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation
Best Medium to Full Coverage
Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup
Their Other Top Picks:
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup (Best Drugstore Foundation)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (Best for Dry Skin)
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (Best for Oily Skin)
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (Best for Mature Skin)
To to get these results, they also did the following:
1. Removed foundations with controversial ingredients, which include:
- Formaldehyde releasers like diazolidinyl urea and quaternium-15
- Cleansing agents like sodium lauryl sulfate
- Pore-clogging fillers like mineral oil
- Chemical sunscreens like oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Retinoids like retinol, retinyl palmitate, and retinyl acetate
2. Removed foundations with fewer than 12 shades.
3. Removed foundations without at least an average 4-star rating across Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta, and Amazon.
Romana Hai started blogging full-time in 2013 . Fashion Ambitions is more than a blog and more-or-less acts as a portfolio containing brands/collaborations and achievements. Although Romana was born and raised in New York, she currently resides in the Financial District of Boston, MA. Romana attended Penn State University and graduated in 2010 with two degrees: Economics from the Smeal College of Business and Telecommunications from the College of Communications. You can reach Romana at email@example.com.