Reviews.com recently spent 45+ hours sifting through articles, scouring top lists and recommended brands, consulting with experienced beauty industry experts, and hand-tested 17 products in order to find the best beauty shampoo.
Here’s what they found:
The best products soaked up oil, added volume, and left our hair smelling fresh.
The worst ended up being messy and hard to apply, while also leaving their hair a chalky white. Ugh.
But with their findings, they were able to design a method for reviewing dry shampoo, focusing on the most popular, competitively priced options.
And with this methodology in place, Reviews.com was able to take a list of more than 50 dry shampoos and narrow it down to five.
Here’s the list:
Best Dry Shampoo
Who should use it?
Klorane’s dry shampoo works best for light or medium-toned hair, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used by those with curly, thick, or fine hair.
The dry shampoo comes in two varieties:
- Oat Milk – great for all hair types
- Nettle – best for those with oilier strands
Who shouldn’t use it?
If the $20 price tag bothers you, you should probably find an alternative.
Also, while some people with dark-hair were totally happy with the product, others reported that they needed to brush very thoroughly in order to remove all traces of white powder.
And anyone with jet-black hair?
- Runner-Up for Best Dry Shampoo – Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray
- Best Drugstore Dry Shampoo – Batiste Dry Shampoo Original
- Best Dry Shampoo for Oily Hair – Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
- Best Salon Quality Dry Shampoo – Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo