Finally, the waiting has come to an end. Spring is just around the corner, and so are spring fashion weeks, floral dresses and fancy sunglasses.
Now, when it comes to fashion weeks, I must say that I am really impressed with the New York Spring Fashion Week. As far as I can see, 2017 is going to be the year when streetwear reaches its full potential, when dirty pink and sunny yellow are going to become the new black, and when brands like Gosha Rubchinskiy, Supreme and Yeezy are going to steal the biggest places underneath the spotlight.
Now, without further ado, here is how to look your best while embracing the biggest trends of 2017.
1. “All White” is the new “All Black”
Wearing all white outfits can be a little tricky because the wrong choice of fabrics can make you look like you got straight out of night shift at a hospital. However, all white looks can also be the most glamorous. The key is in mixing different fabrics. Here are some examples:
- White lacey top + white cigarette pants will look fabulous with a white trench coat, a pair of cool shades like rb 3025 (since sunglasses with pink, yellow and completely see-through lenses are the biggest accessory of 2017) and a pink bag to match your shades and to give your look a modern pop of color
- Pair your white denim with a plain white sleeveless tee, elegant bag and animal print flats
- Your white shirt-dress is going to look fabulous with a pair of nude sandals, nude cardigan and a white hat
2. Complete your looks with statement jewelry
Statement jewelry finally found its way back. It is meant for unique, passionate and interesting women. Bold, and unique, this jewelry draws all the attention. If you decide to incorporate this into your outfits there are few basic rules on how to look as stylish as possible while wearing it:
- If you opt to wear a long statement necklace, skip wearing a belt
- Bib statement necklaces are best to pair up with understated shirts
- You can make your pearls look much more urban if you match them with metals and stones
- Be extra cautious with your makeup while wearing statement earrings, unless you want to look like you came straight out of a 50s cabaret
- Beside your statement piece, incorporate another bold piece in your look and match its color with the gem colors on your jewelry
3. Make a contrast with your makeup
Even though 2016 was the year of all-black outfits paired up with vampy lips, 2017 is going to go a little bit easier on us. For example, if you opt for a blush or white dress, you should follow it up with your makeup by winging your eyeliner and opting for a blushed pout.
On the opposite, if you are going full black or anything like that, your makeup should be soft: see through or light pink lip gloss, just a little bit of powder, a strobing product and a soft eye shadow.
4. Kim K will show you how it’s done
This formula just had to happen. Kim’s style has done a 180 and she is definitely winning at life right now (if you ask me). Of course, people either are enchanted with the newest hit of “homeless chic” or hate it from the bottom of their soul. If you are one of those who love it, but have no idea how to “do” it, look no further.
- Sweatpants and sock boots go perfectly together! Especially if that outfit is all white and if you add a basic tank top and an oversized puffer to it
- Black track pants also go great with lace-up booties, black top and a brown or black fur coat
- The most important tip of all is to keep it all minimalistic without wearing any jewelry pieces, and feel free to match the “unmatchable” materials and garments (such as flannel and leather, lace tights and a hoodie etc.)
That would be it. What do you think about these trends and formulas? Are you going to try them out? Let me know in the comments.
Elise is fitness girl from Colorado. She is health and fitness fanatic who adores hiking, long bicycle rides, paragliding and all sorts of extreme sports, after all she did spend hundreds of hours in the air. She loves writing about her health, adventures and experiences. You can reach Elise at email@example.com.